Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day 7

Hi there!

So, today is Saturday. That means it was the first day I could sleep in a little, which was awesome. I got up at 9am and pretty much rested in my room all day. I really needed that quiet time.

As you already know, I haven't posted for a few days. I was either playing with the kids or too tired to write. But I feel like I really got into a routine these last couple days. I get up at 7am, make all of the kids beds, go downstairs to help make breakfast for them and also make sure they get dressed and brush their teeth. Right now, my host mom still helps me with everything and tells me how they do things around here. When the older kids are off to school, I watch Ellie for the rest of the day. She is so adorable but definitely keeps me busy. We either play inside, outside or sometimes even go to the playground (although the weather hasn't been very good these last couple days... thanks to hurricane Joaquin!). I also do laundry every day and clean up the kitchen, which doesn't bother me at all :) The tricky part is always to figure out which clothes belong to which kid (or parent...) and then to put them in the right spot in their closets. I'm sure it will take me a couple weeks before I figure everything out.

I haven't gotten out of the house much yet, but I'm hoping that as soon as they'll let me drive that will change. I can't wait to explore the area, go shopping and obviously go to New York. I don't know when I'll ab able to do that, but I'm praying it will be soon. Until then, you will have to read these 'not so exciting' posts.

Tomorrow my family is planning on going bowling, so I'll probably go with them. It sounds like fun :)

Well, this is it for now. I promise the posts will get a little more exciting once I start doing stuff.

Hugs!

Julie

1 comment: