Wednesday, September 23, 2015

First post!

Hi there!

I just realised that it's already 3 am (it took me quite a while to set up this blog), that means it's already the 24th of September, and that again means that I am officially leaving in 3 days! Wow! I can't believe how fast time flies. CRAZY-ANYA!

It all seemed so far away but now it's so close and everything feels so real! And honestly, the idea of leaving for a year is terrifying!!! But at the same time I am SO SO SO excited! I can't wait to hop on that plane, meet my host family, my 4 host kids, the guinea pig! (YES I am going to miss Leah like crazy, ok?!).

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love quotes so here's the first one already. (You'll probably find more of these in the course of this journey, so get used to it! They'll probably just pop up in the most random places! Don't say I didn't warn yaa... Oh yeah and also Taylor Swift references... =D )

Nervous and excited are the same sensation. 
Negative vs positive. 

So stop saying you're nervous and start saying you're excited!


Thinking about all the exciting things I will get to do, see and experience this year makes me smile real big. Even though I am going to miss my family and friends (like crazy), I think this opportunity will bring so much joy into my life and will teach me so many important things that you just can't learn by staying in one place. I'm ready to make that first step into my own independent life!

But for right now, I should probably sleep. I am not even going to tell you what time it is.
I hope I didn't bore you with my very first post and hope that you'll stay around to see what life brings my way on this very exciting adventure.

Until then, all the best!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment